How To Save On Groceries
We could save a fortune each month if we didn\'t need to buy groceries. Unfortunately, that is not an option. Well all need to eat. Therefore, shopping for food is a necessity. While there isn\'t a whole lot that we can do to avoid this expense there is plenty that we can do to save money every time we shop.
Here are just a few tips to help you save money when you shop for groceries.
1) Plan your meals: Create a weekly or even monthly menu. Make a shopping list from this menu and check your kitchen for items on the list that you already have. This will cut down on the unnecessary expense of purchasing an item you already have.
2) Stay organized: Organizing your kitchen and checking expiration dates will help determine what you have and what you need to put on your shopping list.
3) Stick to your list: Be sure everything you need is on your list and stick to it. The only exception to this is if you find an unadvertised sale for items that you normally use.
4) Use coupons: Combining grocery coupons with weekly sales can really help you save money. Swap coupons with family or friends to save even more money.
5) Go meatless once in a while: One or two meatless dishes a week not only saves money, but is a healthy way to get in more vegetables.
6) Buy in bulk: Buy your meats and chicken in large variety packs and divide them into one meal portions. Freeze and use them as you need them.
7) Be creative with leftovers: Finding creative ways to serve leftovers is a great way to stretch your budget.
8) Make your own frozen dinners: There are several cookbooks and websites with tips on cooking in bulk. Set aside some time each month to prepare extra meals. Package them in freezer bags or air tight containers and store them in the freezer. Not only will this save you money, but it will keep you from ordering takeout on days that you are just too tired to cook.
Use some or all of these tips to help you stretch your budget each month. Then you can use your hard earned money for more important things.